Friday 19 April 2013

How to change Change MAC Address in Linux

Change MAC Address in Linux
                      
how to for changing the MAC-Address of your hardware network interface (NIC). If a special firewall accept packets only from a special MAC-Address, with this work around you will trick it out to accept packets from your NIC
To check you MAC address
ifconfig | grep HWaddr
1 Stop the service
/etc/init.d/networking stop
ifconfig eth0 down

2 run the command to change MAC Address
ifconfig eth0 hw ether 02:01:02:03:04:08

3 start the service
ifconfig eth0 up

/
etc/init.d/networking start

2 comments:

  1. I am a new Linux user and don't know how to change the MAC Address of my system . Thanks for providing me step to change my MAC Address .

    Regards
    Silvester Norman

    Change Mac Address



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks For your comment Silvester,
      I really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. :)

      Delete